We are trying something a little different and kicking off a DIY series for wet shaving gear. This week’s episode is all about how to clean up a vintage safety razor with household items.
Basics of safety razor cleaning:
- Spray the safety razor with scrubbing bubbles and let it soak a bit.
- Scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush, respray with scrubbing bubble, and let soak again.
- Rinse with water and work the nooks and crannies with a toothpick to get that hardcore gunk out.
- Respray with scrubbing bubbles, soak, scrub with toothbrush.
- If you want, you can use a ultrasonic cleaner to clean some of the inside of the razor. This is especially useful for adjustable razors with all the internal moving parts.
Please take a look at the video and tell me what you think!
Here is a quick list of the basics I used to clean the safety razor in the video. All pretty easy to find, but maybe someone will find it helpful.
If you have any hints or tips to pass on, please let me know in the comments below.
Have a great day and a smooth shave!