Welcome to the Why I Wet Shave blog. We are dedicated to explaining the basics of wet shaving so that you can experience a better shave. In order to facilitate the very new folks, I have set up this “Start Here” page. This page will lay out some of the basics all in one place so you don’t have to search through all of the blog posts to pick up the basics. As time goes on this page will be updated and expanded.
What is Wet Shaving and why should I want to try it?
- Why YOU should start wet shaving
- Basics of Shaving: Beard Mapping
- Basics of Shaving: The “Three Pass Shave”
- How to Shave: From Start to Finish
Wet Shaving Equipment
- Types of Razors: The basics
- Making sense of the world of razors
- What’s a shaving brush and why should I use one?
- Making sense of shaving brush knots
Wet Shaving Techniques
- Different methods to lather shaving soap
- Common mistakes of new wet shavers
- Treat your skin right: Your post shave ritual
- Advanced lathering techniques: Uberlather
- Shaving Alum: What it is and why you should use it
Frequent Problem Areas
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. All of my contact info is located on my contact page.